Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ching! Ching! Friends!

Red Neck 911 call: A couple of redneck hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls on the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are rolled back in his head!
The other redneck starts to panic then whips out his cell phone and calls 911! He frantically blurts to the operator, "Oh my Gawd! Help! My friend just died. He's dead. What can I do?"
The operator, trying to calm him says, " Take it easy, I can help. Just listen to me and follow my instructions. First lets make sure he's dead.!"
There's a short pause then the operator hears a loud gun shot!! Then the redneck comes back on the line and says "OK, what now?"

Ever feel like that? I do.. often. Friendship is a fleeting thing. Precious when you have it. Sad and lonely when you don't. Here's to Mike's and my friends on this New Years Eve. Ching. Ching.

"If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair." - Samuel Johnson

"Thy friendship oft has my heart to ache: do be my enemy for friendship sake" -William Blake-sent in by Lauren

"It is one of blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Have no friends not equal to yourself"- Confucious- (551-497 BC) Chinese Philosopher

"It is not so much our friends help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us."-Epicurus- (341-270 BC) Greek Philosopher

"It is more shameful to distrust one's friends than to be decieved by them." -Duc de la Rochetoucauld- (1613-1680) French Writer

"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for tis better to be alone than in bad company." -George Washington- (1732-1799) US Statesman

"True happiness consistes not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice."- Samuel Johnson- (1709-1784) British Lexiographer

"Should Auld Aquaintance Be Forgot, And Never Brought To Min'?" - Robert Burns- (1759-1796) -Scottish Poet

Happy New Yew To All! Family and Friends !

2 comments:

Dreamer said...

Happy New Year dear sister! Love you, Kerry

Nancy said...

I love you both, my dearest, oldest friends. I don't know what I would do without you! How blessed I am to still have friends that have been with me, through thick and thin, for 40 years. Happy New Year, Baby Kay and Birdie!