Thursday, November 13, 2008


I never much liked change. Even as young girl, in the 60's, I remember when my Mom decided to sell our home, pack all 6 of us kids up in her station wagon and drive us across 3 states to Nevada. I lay in the back of that old car wondering why my life had to change and feeling the dread as we traveled to this new place she unconvincingly talked so highly of. (ps. maybe I had a too much time to think cause there wasn't a motel for us, we drove straight thru, and coloring books were the entertainment for the day. Yep! and I DID walk to school in the snow UPHILL!) Anyway, it didn't much matter if I'd eventually like it or not 'cause I didn't like change! I knew that about myself then. This move was supposed to be a good thing for us as a family, as a result of my parents having been separated for some time and were now reuniting in a new place.. a new beginning! New job, new town, new house, new school, new friends, new life! YeaHhhh- ugh!!! Well, big changes are coming for me, again. Now,of course, I've faced and embraced a lot of changes through out my short life (turning 36 again this year) so I really do realize that growth comes with change and all that, and good things come from change and all that. Blaahh. You might not hear me screamin' but you might see my boot tracks across the dirt as I'm being dragged outta these ruts in my life, 'cause I still don't like Change...YeaHhh-ugh!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Change is the only "constant". Sometimes it opens doors we would never have noticed. Hang in there...